Our 2012 Chevrolet Volt
- Plug-in-Hybrid powertrain:
- 1.4L DOHC gasoline engine/generator (EcoFLEX LUU).
- 4ET50 “transaxle” drivetrain, consists of two electric motor generators connected to the gasoline engine all with a series of clutches. Output of 149 Horsepower and 273lb/ft of torque.
- 16.5kwh battery pack (about 10.5-11kwh is usable, the rest is reserve to ensure longevity of the battery pack).
- 38 miles of EPA rated range, 30-50miles real world range depending on speed, HVAC use, and ambient temperature.
- OnStar, remote start, and XM radio, is standard equipment.
- A full charge is about 12.5kwh of electricity, at our $0.10/kwh rate it costs about $1.25 for a full charge from empty, basically like paying about $1.25 a gallon for my 42mile commute.